Gentle Mixing Made Easy With An Industrial Drum Mixer
Manufacturing trail mixes, spice mixes, and dry chemicals on a large scale often requires gentle, continuous mixing. You want to mix the product thoroughly and sometimes add coating or flavoring without changing the texture. So, how to achieve gentle mixing without pulverizing or damaging the consistency of the product? That’s where a drum mixer comes in.
Tumbling drums are built specifically for continuous, gentle mixing of friable products such as trail mixes, spice mixes, and dry chemicals. Or, if you need to distribute and mix dry or liquid coatings and additives onto products like pet food, breakfasts cereals, granola, and snack foods, enrobing/coating drums are one of the best ways to get consistent food coating results.
A Drum Mixer Can Do More Than Just Mix!
Tumbling drums can be utilized for rotary scalping and clump breaking, for gentle processing of cooked rice, pectin fruit snacks, raisins, and dehydrated fruits. Or, they can be used as a rotary polishing drum for dried peas, lentils, and other legumes.
A drum mixer is a versatile piece of machinery that can dramatically improve your food manufacturing process. Curious to learn more? We manufacture some of the highest quality industrial drum mixers in the world, and we build each drum mixer to suit your specific needs and process. Contact us to find out how much easier a drum mixer can make your industrial food mixing process.
Custom Tumbling Drums To Suit Your Product And Process
Machine and Process Design tumbling drums are available in a variety of sizes and features to suit your requirements.
- Small, medium, and large drums with diameters up to 60″
- Drum cylinder lengths up to 300″
- Bolt-in or integral formed lifting flights in almost any configuration
- Bolt-on or integral inlet and discharge cones
- Intermediate or discharge screening sections
- Heavy duty machined bar support rings provide a smooth and true running surface for drive and support wheels
- Carbon steel, abrasion-resistant steel or stainless steel construction
- Sanitary design and construction to meet your food or dairy requirements